Operation and Instructions:
The catalytic fragrance lamp is to be used only for the purpose of home perfuming and according to these use instructions. Use only with catalytic lamp type oil. Do not use with any other type of combustible fuels or liquids.
- Place catalytic fragrance lamp on flat surface away from all combustible materials above it or next to it.
- Fragrance Lamp oil contains alcohol, which can damage furniture finishes. Please use a saucer or plateau under your lamp to protect your furniture from oil spills and heat.
- Never leave open flame unattended.
- Do not leave lamp perfuming overnight or for long periods of time.
- Always blow out flame. Do not extinguish flame with cut off cap.
- Do not put protective vent cap over open flame.
- Do not touch stone wick as it is red hot even though you do not see a flame.
- Always cover the stone with protective vent cap to prevent accidental burns.
- Protective vent cap and cut off cap will get hot. Please handle caps with care
Precautions Place the catalytic fragrance lamp on flat surface away from all combustible materials above or next to it. Fragrance Lamp oil contains alcohol, which may damage furniture finish and create fire hazard. Have a wet cloth available to clean up any oil spills immediately.
Catalytic Fragrance Lamp Operating Instructions
step 1. Use funnel to fill lamp half way full with oil. Over filling lamp will cause it to operate improperly.
step 2. Insert cotton wick into lamp with stone resting in lamp neck.
step 3. Cover stone wick with cut off cap, (snuff cap).
step 4. Allow wick to completely absorb lamp oil for 15-20 minutes.
step 5. Remove cut off cap and light stone.
step 6. Heat stone for 2-3 minutes. Lamp may produce up to a 4” – 6” flame. Flame may slowly reduce to 1”-2”, or extinguish by itself. (warning: do not leave open flame unattended).
step 7. Blow out any remaining flame. (warning: do not put protective vent or cut off cap on over open flame.)
step 8. Place protective vent cap over heated stone.(warning: Always put the protective vent cap on lamp to prevent burns.)
The catalytic fragrance lamp is now perfuming even though you don't see a flame. It will not disperse fragrance while flame is burning. It will continue to perfume until stone is covered with cut off cap or oil supply is empty.
Extinguishing Your Catalytic Fragrance Lamp
step 1. Remove protective vent cap. (warning: caps will get hot so be careful when handling or setting on furniture.
step 2. Cover stone with cut off cap.
step 3. Replace protective vent cap over cut off cap.
For additional help with operating your lamp, please click below on "Helpful Tips".